How to get two great looks, using one pair of trousers.
I was out shopping for food yesterday and had an irresistible urge to buy a new pair of floral patterned trousers. I simply couldn’t resist because a, they were only £14 and b, they had a pair in my size! I was so excited with my bargain purchase and wanted to share it with you, so I’ve created two different looks around the trousers; a casual look and a dressy look.
I am really into citrus colours at the moment and the trousers have a hint of orange in them. The orange is toned down with dashes of green, grey and cream on a black background. They would be perfect to wear during the day, with flat shoes and a sweater. For the glam, evening look, I added a jacket and heels, changed the sweater for an orange top and swapped the shoes for heels.
1. Orange sweater / Zara / £25.99
2. Necklace / Top Shop / £35
3. Floral print trousers / George at ASDA / £14
4. Black bag / French Connection / £285
5. Gold flats / Office / £65
For this look I liked the contrast of the patterned trousers and the bold thick knit jumper. The gold flats will add a bit of glam and will compliment the orange colour in the outfit. I thought the black in the bag would sit well with the trousers. The triangular shapes in the necklace, with notes of my favourite orange, give it an edgy, contemporary feel.
1. Ecru jacket / Coast / £95
2. Orange cami / River Island / £20
3. Jewelled clutch / Accessorize / £35
4. Floral print trousers (same as above)
5. Gold necklace / ASOS / £20
6. Black jewelled heels / Ted Baker / £180
For this evening look, I brought in sheen and sparkle in the jacket, sparkly clutch bag and the jewels in the heels. I love the feel of this for an evening ensemble. Again, I have put an orange top with the trousers. The bag and shoes are dark with the use of black and thought that orange would brighten it up. A simple necklace finishes off the outfit nicely.